Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) is a discipline & specialty that studies & implements practical aspects of environmental protection & safety at work.
In simple terms it is what organizations must do to ensure their activities don’t cause harm to anyone. As required by law in Malaysia, it's crucial that companies pay extra attention to EHS areas, both workers & also social implications.
The 5 core areas of hazards that we should be sensitive about include:
1. Biological hazards include viruses, bacteria, insects, animals, etc., that can cause adverse health impacts. Given the recent Covid19 pandemic, it's critical for companies & Health Officers to continuously look at eliminating such possible risks at workplace.
2. Chemical hazards are hazardous substances that can cause harm to human & nature.
3. Physical workmen safety, for instance machine handling, forlift management & use of staircase.
4. Ergonomics, including seating posture, use of laptops, excessive noise in factory areas & prolong standing.
5. Psychosocial risks may affect workers' psychological response to their work & workplace conditions (including working relationships with supervisors & colleagues). Some of the examples are high workloads, tight deadlines, lack of control of the work & working methods.
To learn more about EHS and Workplace Safety, email inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org