Safety hazards are unsafe working conditions that can cause injury, illness and even death. The main root cause of workplace injuries, illnesses and incidents are the failure to identify or recognize hazards that are present at workplace or taking lightly the safety requirements and SOP.
Below are some ways to proactively identify safety hazards:
1. Look at all aspects of the work and include non-routine activities such as maintenance, repair or cleaning.
2. Regularly checking physical work environment, equipment, materials, products, machines and tools.
3. Records of how the tasks are done as reference.
4. Review and remind employees of causes for past incidents, injury and incident records.
5. Create SOP, train employees on the following SOP regularly and also the risks of not following SOP.
Learn more about Safety and Compliance at Workplace. Email your training inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org