Performance Gaps and Failures
When employees have performace issues, they may be placed on PIP. A performance improvement plan (PIP), also known as Corrective Action Plan (CAP), is a tool to give an employee with performance deficiencies the opportunity to succeed. It may be used to address failures to meet specific job goals or to ameliorate behavior-related concerns.
PIP or CAP are not tools used as a process to terminate an employee. However, a failure to successfully complete the PIP and to improve performance may lead to termination.
Several steps in managing performance via PIP:
1. Understand why an employee isn't performing.
2. List out all their performance gaps and identify actions for recovery.
3. Ensure the PIP is time bound and each action has its deadline for completion.
4. Meet your employee regularly to check on progress and improvements.
5. Coaching and counselling are important and ensure the employee is committed to improve.
To learn more about performance and people management, email inquires to: email@example.com