Managing poor attendance at workplace
Poor attendance takes supervisory time and attention, often resulting in disciplinary action. Such chronic attendance issues causes adverse problems at workplace; poor performance, poor productivity, low morale among workers and cultivates a culture that simply lacks discipline.
Here are some tips to manage poor attendance issues at your workplace:
1. Ensure you have an attendance policy in writing and have it communicated to all staff.
2. Ensure you have a proper attendance tracking system.
3. Inform your employees that you are aware of those with poor attendance as it’s reflected in the attendance tracking system.
4. Find out why only certain employees have attendance issues. Try to address these root causes with them.
5. Consider alternate work schedules that would bring about win-win outcomes for the employee and the company.
To learn about managing poor performance, absenteeism and employment laws, email inquiries to: email@example.com