Importance Of Self Awareness for Managers
As Managers, the biggest leap of success happens when we are able to acknowledge our own strengths and weaknesses.
Self awareness is the ability to shape our own leadership qualities. When we have a better understanding of ourselves, we are able to identify with our individuality. We are then empowered to make changes, build on areas of strengths as well as identify improvement areas.
How do we become self aware?
1. Take time for self reflection. Objectively review your behaviour during situations or events.
2. Keep a journal. May sound tedious, but it helps track your actions and behaviour patterns.
3. Conduct a 360 feedback. Treat feedback as a gift. Listen and take time to internalise.
4. Take personality and psychometric tests.
5. Partner with a buddy or get a mentor who is willing to guide you in shaping up your leadership skills.
Learn more about Leadership, Self Awareness and Mindfulness via: email@example.com