Are you an effective Project Manager?
Project management is the practice of leading the work of a team to achieve goals and meet success criteria at a specified time. The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals within the given constraints.
An effective Project Manager must have sufficient knowledge of the project & also obtain skills, tools, techniques to manage the project activities successfully.
The tricky part of any project management usually is pulling together a matrixed based resources & stakeholders timelines & at times the need to manage certain extend of ambiguity due to uncontrollable or external factors.
Below are some tips on how you can be a better project manager:
1. Good leadership skills, that can manage, motivate & bring all your people resources together to achieve the project goals.
2. Attention to details, especially in dealing with diligent processes, tools and timelines.
3. Risk analysis, ability to spot risks & be able to quickly come up with alternative plans.
4. Business Savviness, to manage stakeholders proactively & ensure control of resources, especially budget and finances.
5. Good understanding of Project Management Process (PMP), to enable a well initiated, planned, organised & executable project plan.
Regardless of the type of industry or role you're in, Project Management skills would give you a head start in your career. For inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org